UK +44 (0) 7857 352339 / ITALY +39 331 2545 698 info@vinodianna.com

Vino di Anna “Jeudi 15” 2016

The grapes for “Jeudi 15” come from a beautiful, two hectare property, located in the contrada Monte LaGuardia, at 800 metres altitude, on the northern slopes of Mt Etna. 80 year alberello (bush) vines of Nerello Mascalese were hand harvested around the 15th October, along with a small percentage (less than 5%) of Nerello Cappuccio and Alicante (Grenache). 70% of the grapes were de-stemmed by hand into an open, old oak fermenter (30hL). The rest of the grapes were added as whole bunches. Fermentation was conducted by indigenous yeasts. The fermenting must was in contact with the skins for 10 days during which time it was foot trodden several times. The fermenting must was then transferred to a stainless steel and the pressings added. Malolactic fermentation occurred spontaneously. The wine was left on fine lees for 9 months prior to bottling without fining or filtration.

Crimson red in colour, “Jeudi 15” has attractive floral and red fruit aromas (red currants, cherries, strawberries) with delicate savoury undertones. The palate is medium bodied, with good fruit definition, firm acidity and a fine tannin structure.

Vino di Anna “Jeudi 15” 2015

The grapes for this wine come from a 2 hectare vineyard in the contrada Monte LaGuardia at 800 metres on the northern slope of Mt Etna. 80 year alberello vines of Nerello Mascalese are hand harvested with a small amount (less than 5%) of Nerello Cappuccio and Alicante (Grenache). 80% of the grapes were de-stemmed by hand into an open 30HL used oak fermenter. The rest were added as whole bunches. Fermentation was conducted by indigenous yeasts. The fermenting must was in contact with the skins for 8 days during which time it was gently foot plunged several times. The fermenting must was then pressed and transferred to stainless steel and a used oak cask where malolactic fermentation occurred. The wine was left on fine lees for six months prior to bottling without fining of filtration.

Vibrant ruby red in colour, this wine has attractive red fruit aromas (red currants, cherries, strawberries) coupled with floral and subtle savoury notes. The palate is medium bodied, with good fruit definition, firm acidity and a fine tannin structure.

Vino di Anna “Jeudi 15” 2014

Principally Nerello Mascalese with a small percentatge of Nerello Cappuccio, Alicante (Grenache) and indigenous white grapes (Minella, Catarratto, Insolia) from the contrada of Monte LaGuardia. The grapes were hand harvested and then 75% de-stemmed by hand into a 30HL open oak fermenter. The remaining 25% were added as whole bunches. Fermentation was conducted by indigenous yeasts. The fermenting must was in contact with the skins for 7 days during which time it was foot plunged gently several times. After a week, the fermenting wine was pressed and fermentation finished in stainless steel. Malolactic fermentation occurred the following Spring. The wine was left on fine lees for 6 months before bottling without fining or filtering.

Ruby red in colour, this wine smells of morello cherries and wild strawberries. It is medium bodied with a juicy structure, fresh acidity and an appealing sapidity.

Vino Di Anna Jeudi15

Vino di Anna “Jeudi 15” 2012

Principally Nerello Mascalese. Grapes were hand harvested. 70% of the fruit was de-stemmed by hand into an open oak fermenter, the remaining 30% were added as whole bunches. Fermentation was carried out by indigenous yeasts. The fermenting must was in contact with the skins for 6 days during which it was foot plunged only twice. The must was then pressed and fermentation finished in stainless steel. Malolactic fermentation occurred the following spring. The finished wine was bottled without fining or filtering. No SO2 was added to either the grapes or to the finished wine.

Ruby red in colour, this wine is fragrant & fruity (morello cherries, wild strawberries). Medium bodied it has a juicy structure with an appealing sapidity. Flavours are reminiscent of cranberry and pomegranate

Vino Di Anna labels-jeudi

Vino di Anna “Jeudi 15” 2015

The grapes for this wine come from a 2 hectare vineyard in the contrada Monte LaGuardia at 800 metres on the northern slope of Mt Etna. 80 year alberello vines of Nerello Mascalese are hand harvested with a small amount (less than 5%) of Nerello Cappuccio and Alicante (Grenache). 80% of the grapes were de-stemmed by hand into an open 30HL used oak fermenter. The rest were added as whole bunches. Fermentation was conducted by indigenous yeasts. The fermenting must was in contact with the skins for 8 days during which time it was gently foot plunged several times. The fermenting must was then pressed and transferred to stainless steel and a used oak cask where malolactic fermentation occurred. The wine was left on fine lees for six months prior to bottling without fining of filtration.

Vibrant ruby red in colour, this wine has attractive red fruit aromas (red currants, cherries, strawberries) coupled with floral and subtle savoury notes. The palate is medium bodied, with good fruit definition, firm acidity and a fine tannin structure.

Vino di Anna “Jeudi 15” 2014

 

Principally Nerello Mascalese with a small percentatge of Nerello Cappuccio, Alicante (Grenache) and indigenous white grapes (Minella, Catarratto, Insolia) from the contrada of Monte LaGuardia. The grapes were hand harvested and then 75% de-stemmed by hand into a 30HL open oak fermenter. The remaining 25% were added as whole bunches. Fermentation was conducted by indigenous yeasts. The fermenting must was in contact with the skins for 7 days during which time it was foot plunged gently several times. After a week, the fermenting wine was pressed and fermentation finished in stainless steel. Malolactic fermentation occurred the following Spring. The wine was left on fine lees for 6 months before bottling without fining or filtering.

Ruby red in colour, this wine smells of morello cherries and wild strawberries. It is medium bodied with a juicy structure, fresh acidity and an appealing sapidity.

Vino di Anna “Jeudi 15” 2012

 

Principally Nerello Mascalese. Grapes were hand harvested. 70% of the fruit was de-stemmed by hand into an open oak fermenter, the remaining 30% were added as whole bunches. Fermentation was carried out by indigenous yeasts. The fermenting must was in contact with the skins for 6 days during which it was foot plunged only twice. The must was then pressed and fermentation finished in stainless steel. Malolactic fermentation occurred the following spring. The finished wine was bottled without fining or filtering. No SO2 was added to either the grapes or to the finished wine.

Ruby red in colour, this wine is fragrant & fruity (morello cherries, wild strawberries). Medium bodied it has a juicy structure with an appealing sapidity. Flavours are reminiscent of cranberry and pomegranate